09 Jun Group Health & Safety Officer
Since 2012, Target Healthcare Limited has been working in partnership with pharmacies, dispensing doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical wholesalers and buying groups across the UK, Europe, and Worldwide, providing top quality pharmaceutical products.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a Group Health & Safety Officer.
To provide operational support across the UK on health and safety ensuring the business continuously develops and implements best practice in all areas of health and safety.
Compliance through Change:
- Responsible for Health & Safety compliance through all site works – e.g. site repairs, refits/refurbishments, site upgrades, extensions, construction works etc.
- Responsible for Environmental compliance for the Group
- Determine Group environmental objectives and targets, including raising environmental awareness to its employees through the development and training of the HSE Committees and promoting awareness amongst its clients, suppliers and contractors through the implementation of operational procedures as well as environmental objectives and target.
- Accountable for current Environment Management System (‘EMS’) and ISO 14001 accreditation
- Maintaining our registration with the Environment Agency as an approved packaging producer which shows that we have met our recovery and recycling obligations under the Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007 (as amended).
- ESOS submissions
Operational Health & Safety:
- To participate in internal and external meetings as required on behalf of the Group Health & Safety Committee.
- Develop and promote of a Health & Safety culture throughout the business through the provision and development of Health & Safety policies and procedures, including risk assessment, accident prevention, health initiatives and acknowledge personal responsibility.
- Ensuring best practices is performed throughout the organisation in all aspects of Health & Safety.
- To establish, monitor and review the health and safety function across the business, developing and implementing management systems to achieve compliance with all legislative requirements placing health and safety at the strategy core of all business activity.
- Advise on matters relating to Health & Safety at work, including the obligations and responsibilities of the leadership team and employees, providing comprehensive and practical advice to technical and line managers on best practice.
- To lead on corporate health and safety projects and strategic planning groups, liaising with external partners and internal contacts, in order to enhance the profile of health and safety and embed good health and safety management practice through the organisation.
Record and Review:
- To achieve all safety, quality, delivery and cost targets (SQDC)
- Management of safety through a Safety Management System including audit/ inspection the establishment of high standards and expectations on employee behavioral safety.
- To define and agree a range of effective performance management measures for the health and safety service, ensuring that these are consistently met or exceeded
- Undertake regular visual inspections of the workplace.
- Co-ordinate health surveillance as required and maintain records
- Undertake Health & Safety investigations in connection with any relevant incidents or claims made against the business by the Fire Authority or Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Provide monthly performance report: identifying success and areas of opportunity.
- To deliver Health and Safety inductions to new employees as and when recruited.
- Co-ordinate comprehensive Health & Safety training to promote, develop and sustain a positive Health & Safety awareness culture.
- Coordinate statutory training e.g. annual First Aid and Fire Warden training.
- Maintain records of training delivered
- Liaise with the Human Resources Department in the management of occupational Health and Wellbeing.
- Provide appropriate risk assessment methodology to comply with legislation and ensure all potential risks are identified and control measures implemented and monitored
- Provide appropriate accident investigation methodology to ensure personal accountability and improve risk management, including monitoring and interpretation of statistical data.
- Coordinated and maintain records of fire risk assessment.
- Coordinate and record fire evacuation drills.
- Ensure the fire alarm system and emergency lighting are serviced and records maintain.
- Manage the health and safety requirements for all UK sites.
- Travel to internal and external sites as required.
Working hours – Monday-Friday 09:00-18:00 (40 hour contract)
This role can be based in East Kilbride or Burnopfield.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year