09 Jun Production Technician
Our ‘Specials’ Team is responsible for getting bespoke, specific medication to patients within 24 hours. It’s a fast-paced and exciting department which is highly regulated. Due to recent growth within the department – we require an experienced Production Technician to join our state-of-the-art laboratory in Luton.
The Production Technician job is a critical role within our business, but full and extensive training will be provided to candidates who show an aptitude to learn new skills and work in this exciting sector.
- Process manufacturing tasks – including operation and calibration of small-scale equipment, weighing, measuring, mixing, blending and monitoring of raw and in-process materials to assure batches contain proper ingredients, quantities and process output.
- Completing process documentation timely and accurately. Writes up instances where process failures occurred.
- Maintaining manufacturing areas to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards of cleanliness and neatness.
- Assisting with cleaning duties such sweeping, mopping floors, wiping down equipment, carrying away and appropriately disposing of rubbish when required.
- Following established quality, safety, and environmental procedures and policies.
- Maintaining an orderly, safe work area.
- Notifying Production Team Leader of unusual product observations, during manufacture or starting materials handling, to assure potential quality issues being identified, reviewed and resolved prior to release of product.
- Conducting in process checks of production, ensuring clearance, approval etc. are completed according to GMP rules.
- Ensuring that all starting and packaging materials are stored according to the recommended storage conditions
- Performing regular stock-taking of starting materials and reconciliation (stock adjustment) if required
- Observing and complying with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Distribution Practice (GDP).
- Observing and complying with company Health and Safety Policies.
- Observing and complying with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Qualifications, experience & skills required for this role:
- Good standard of education
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- Good IT skills
- General office and administrative duties – typing, letter writing, filing
- Report preparation
- Process and procedure driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to cope with pressure.
- Ability to cope with change.
This is a rewarding role and dynamic role. For more information reach out to us today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,500.00-£21,000.00 per year